EQUINE INFLUENZA VACCINATIONS
– please note that for all BRC official competitions (including national qualifiers and championships and the London & South East Championships), your horse must have a valid flu certificate which means that the dates of vaccinations must comply with the following:
- Horse must have had its first two vaccinations at least.
- The second vaccination must have been given no less than 21 and not more than 92 days after the first one.
- There must be a third vaccination given not less than 150 and not more than 215 days after the second primary injection.
- Thereafter the horse must have annual booster injections at intervals of not more than a year apart.
- None of these vaccinations must have been given on the day of the competition or on any of the 6 days before the competition.
However , providing that a horse has been given the first two vaccinations correctly and there are no errors in the annual vaccinations for the past five calendar years, then the horse will be accepted for BRC qualifiers and championships.
Please note that leap years wil be ignored for the annual booster, but for the two primary injections and first booster injection, the days must be counted and therefore a leap year would interfere with the correct number of days between injections.